|Artist Birtday :||18/07/1943 (Age 80)|
|Born In :||West Bengal, India|
Aarti Mukherji is a famous female playback singer who has dominated Bengali cinema for quite some time. She was most sought after in Bengali Movies along with other playback singers like Asha Bhosle, Geeta Dutt, and Lata Mangeshkar. But he got national fame only after getting a chance to sing in movies like Geet Gaata Chal under Ravindra Jain. She also sang for other movies like ‘Tapasya’, Which was depicted in Rakhi Gulzar, another creation by Ravindra Jain. In this film, she got a chance to sing a Hindi song with Kishore Kumar. The song, ‘Do Panchhi Do Tinke’, was another popular song by the singer. His duet with Jaspal Singh, ‘Shyam Teri Bansi Pukare’ was extremely popular, and his singles such as ‘Kar Gaye Kanha’ and ‘Main Wohi Darpan Wohi’ were extremely popular in the Binaca Geetmala (a contest then played by All India . radio).
Aarti Mukherji was born in Dhaka, Undivided India, to a Bengali family. Her family migrated to West Bengal, India. Her Bengali family had a rich cultural and musical heritage. She was introduced to music by her mother. She studied under Shri Susheel Banerjee, Ustaad Mohammed Sagiruddin Khan, Pandit Chinmoy Lahiri, Pandit Laxman Prasad Jaipurwale, and Pandit Ramesh Nadkarni.
|Full Name||Aarti Mukherji|
|Also known as||Arati Mukhopadhyay|
|Father Name||Not known|
|Date of Birth||Not known|
|Year active (professional Career)||1958 – Present|
|Hometown||West Bengal, India|
The songs are sung by Aarti Mukherjee
- Do Naina Aur Ek Kahani
- Do Panchhi Do Tinke
- Shyam teri bansi pukare
- Main Wohi Darpan Wohi
- Shyam Teri Bansi
- Meri Tanhai Ki Shehnai ka
- Kabhi Kuch Pal Jeevan Ke
- Bachcho Tum Ho Khel Khilone
- SAARA MORA KAJRA CHURAYA TUNE
- Yeh Samaj Kab Tak
- “Yadon Ko Bhool Jayen To Kaise Bhool Jayen”
- “Nayana Neer Na Bahao”
- “Bolo Na Bolo Na Soi”
- “Prajapati Sethay Ghore”
- “Kon Kule Aaj Bhirlo Tari”
- “Swapna Niye”
- “Sujyi Alo De”
- “Anugatajane Keno Karo Eto”
- “Tokhon Tomar Ekush Bosor”
- “Ei Mon Jochonay Ongo Vijiye”
- “Shile Shile Theka Khale”
- She won many Awards and Honors during her singing career, the lists are as below:
- Bengal Film Journalists Association Award (1965) for Best Female Singer
- Miyan Tansen award of Sur Singar Samsad for her performance in Geet Gata Chal
- Gujarat State Government Awards for three consecutive years for her Gujarati film songs.
- Lifetime Achievement Award from the Orissa Government in 2015
- Lifetime Achievement Award from Times of India Group in 2016.
- National Film Awards For Best Female Playback Singer.
- Filmfare Awards for Best Female Playback singer for the film Masoom.
- Bengal Film Journalists’ Association – Best Female Playback Award- 1976 for Chhutir Phande
- Bengal Film Journalists’ Association – Best Female Playback Award- 1967 for Golpo Holeo Satyi